Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Accountability agreement

A c c o u n t a b I l I t y A g r e e m e n t

Focus: What do you want to accomplish in this class or during this year?

1. This year I want to maintain or improve on my 81% average for 12U courses.

2. This year I want to improve upon my study habits to a university level.

3. This year I want to achieve at leased a 73% in advanced functions.

Contributions: What contributions will you make to this class or to the school this year?

1. I will ask intuitive, well thought out questions when needed to clarify the subject matter for myself as well as others in the class who likely have the same question.

2. I will post relevant study notes to my blog for others to study from.

3. I will comment on others blogs In a way that encourages or assists other students.

Accountabilities: For what will you be held responsible?

1. I will be held accountable for completing assignments on time.

2. I will be held accountable for staying on task in class.

3. I will be held accountable for finding notes that I may miss while sick.

4. I will be held accountable for not distracting others while they are working.

Supports: What help, and from whom, will you need in order to achieve your accountabilities?

1. I will need Mr. Murray to be able to keep lessons enjoyable and exiting.

2. I will need Tyler Keith to take legible notes for me to copy if I miss them.

3. I will need others to try and not distract me when I am trying to work.

4. I will need Mr. Murray to be somewhat flexible with due dates if I come to him with concerns within 3 days of the original due date.

Measurements: How will you know what success looks like?

1. I will know I was successful if I maintain or improve upon my 81% U coarse average.

2. I will know I was successful if I achieve a 95% homework completion percentage.

3. I will know I was successful if I achieve a 73% or above in advanced functions.

4. I will know I was successful if, at the end of my senior year, I can look back and know that I’ve done all I could to put my self in a favourable position for success in post secondary learning as well as for the rest of my life.

Consequences: How should you be rewarded if you succeed? How should you be punished?

1. If I fail I will be punished with the shame of coming back for an extra year or semester

2. If I fail I will be punished by spending even less time with civilization as to achieve my goals next semester.

3. If I succeed I will buy my self new clothes if I have access to sufficient funds.

4. If I succeed I will choose a few unimportant days next semester to “be sick”.

No comments: